Fleas are parasites that feed on people and other warm-blooded creatures. They are mainly found on dogs or cats as they prefer feeding on nonhumans. They can also feed on humans in the case of increasing infestation or when the other hosts are not accessible. Fleas mainly require warm and muggy conditions to grow and develop.
An average flea can range in size from 7 to 8 inches vertically and 14 to 16 inches horizontally. Skin response to a flea bite shows up as a slightly raised and red itchy spot. Whereas sometimes the sores can bleed out too.
The average flea ranges in size from 1/12 to 1/6 inch long with narrow bodies. Fleas are exceptionally small in size and have no wings. The adult flea is parasites that draw blood from a host. Larvae feed on organic debris, especially the dung of adult-up bugs, which contain undigested blood.
Fleas mainly prefer to feed on hairy animals like:
- domesticated animal
- wild animals
Areas of breeding in houses
Well, the flea eggs are not attached to the host as the eggs will hatch in the places as:
- On the surfaces like ground
- On the rugs
- On the carpet
- On the pet’s bedding
- On the upholstery
- On the cracks in the floor
Fleas may transmit illnesses while taking a blood meal from a human or creature have or by means of polluted fecal pellets. Fleas can easily transmit the source of diseases when it takes a blood meal from their host or through the contaminated or polluted fecal pellets. A portion of the more usually experienced flea-borne diseases:
- Flea-borne typhus, also known as murine typhus
- Bartonellosis (cat scratch disease)
- Flea tapeworm
How to control fleas?
The main thing which can control the flea breeding is by maintaining the hygiene of your pets and place and also by cleaning all the places where these fleas can rely or feed upon.
One of the most effective ways to keep the fleas from entering into your homes is to remove or eliminate the outdoor habitat of the fleas. And also by using the flea control products on your pets.
Some common flea control measures to control their infestation are as follows:
- Evacuate all things, for example, toys, garments and pet sustenance from all floors
- Wash or replace the pet bedding
- Vacuum all floor coverings and mats completely, including underneath beds and upholstered furniture.
- Clean all wood, tile and tile floors by clearing and wiping.
- Clean solid floors with cleanser and water in the garage, basement or enclosed patio where pets rest or sit.
- Get rid of any mess around the pet’s area.
- Regular vacuuming evacuates a significant number of the eggs, larvae, and pupae growing inside the home
- Get the professional assistance from experts available near you, so that to get the best professional assistance.
Why Choose Back 2 No Pest For Flea Pest Control?
You can count on Back 2 No Pest to get rid of fleas at home. We make sure to use the latest professional’s techniques and methods such as Chemical treatment program and Flea control spray treatment so that Fleas can become an insect only found in books, rather than at your home. Contact us now 1800 441 506 for free quotes.